Sunday, May 14, 2006

going down memory lane - I

Time has come when I am officially supposed to get my ass (and luggage) out of IIT Bombay. So finally, after a good two and a half years, my room no. 224 will be free of my aura (and the excessive luggage). Like most hostel rooms, my room perennially sports a thick layer of dirt, cobwebs, carcass of insects and lizards, 4 buckets of dirty clothes, 2 wooden axes, quite a few books, 2 trunks and 2 suitcases (only half of which belong to me).

And once you open the cupboard and frisk the middle shelf, there lies a pile of memories. A tiny pyramid, glass key-chain, the only love letter I've got, rakhis, a rather weird birthday present from someone I haven't spoken to in a looong time, a bookmark from Malaysia, a tissue paper with a flower sketched on it, some more letters from home, a piece of paper - one side carrying the lyrics of kaliyon ka chaman.. while the other featuring yet another sketch; but of the most beautiful girl one would ever get to see... and of course a few photographs.

It sure was moving.

2 Comments:

Blogger vishnoi said...

sniff sniff!

senti kar diya :|

5:15 AM  
Blogger Pritam said...

i didn't feel anything when i left my room :P

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home