Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fool Hardy

For years I have dreamt of acquiring the ability to manipulate people around me. The concept was so appealing, intriguing and most importantly, challenging. Time and practice has led me to this point where I can confidently declare that I have almost become a successful manipulator.

The road wasn't an easy one. For starters, the idea is also repulsive due to its negative connotation. After a lot of self-coersion I managed to pull myself out of this moral dilemma. Next arised the problem of being conscious about the game. You see, most manipulators have natural flair in this art. They don't have to be attentive about their thoughts and plays. This is where it took me time; to always keep this aim on top of all other feelings. Soon it became like a game of football. Legs didn't have to ask brain what to do, they run and kick at the sight of the football. I didn't have to think of what I am doing. It started coming naturally to me. In fact, sometimes it takes a good deal of time to even realize why did I say (or do) something against my wish.

Lastly, the biggest hurdle was manipulating without being untrue. To be articulate is pretty tough, as most of us in this real world must already be knowing. Sometimes you end up conveying the wrong information, at other times the right information but at the wrong time. The scale at which manipulation-game is played keeps becoming more complex and elaborate. Finally it reaches a magnitude where it can't be handled anymore and in one way or other the house tumbles down. The problem is not with the house tumbling down, it's when its set on fire and the fire spreads. Yup! That's where it hurts if you (myself in this case) is good at heart.

This entry wasn't intended to be made on the art of manipulation or to establish how good (or bad) a manipulator I have become. I just happened to write the above paragraphs without meaning to do so...

What set me wondering was whether one can manipulate onself or not. In fact, is self-manipulation any different from a determined step towards accomplishing any pre-defined task? Maybe not. I am least bothered with it. What troubles me is the fact that I can't manipulate myself. I can't change the way I think and don't think. Afterall change is tough to incorporate, even the kind that is condemned isn't easy to bring.

Yup, it was wisely said by someone: it's easy to fool others but not yourself.
But, you can't fool others if you're fooling yourself. Yes, this is where I am currently.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ofcourse not. But then if you make it a point to read you have certain other reasons for doing so. Unfortunately my blog won't satisfy these other motives.
:)

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you say merely means that you don't need to give reasons to anyone. well keep them to yourself, i'm just saying that this what i think people should do.

-me
ps: it was me only who wrote the last comment.
ps2: by me I mean the owner of this blog and not anyone else. :P

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it's surprising u have the time for this!
:)
relax life is easy!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh heh..

sure life is easy... but sometimes easy doesn't seem the right thing. that is when it becomes difficult. but in the end easy is always the right way.

bloody anonymous commenters :@

-pc

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home