Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Climax @ TenSex

If ToI is good at doing anything other than filling its pages with colourful pics of hot busty women, it's to turn up with extremely punny headlines (like the title of this post). Evident from it, the much talked about sensex touched the historic 10,000 figure. Relevance of sensex is still unclear to me. All I could answer to my interviewer at House of Code when asked 'What do you know about Sensex'? was that it's probably an acronym for sensitivity index. I am guessing by the result (i.e. not selected, lucky for me) that I must have been wrong there. Well, I never bothered to verify that as it's an answer I'll always feel glad about.

Anyway, so this catchy headline managed to motivate me into digging a few links and finding more about stocks and stock markets. The whole concept amazed me so much that I have decided to become a stock broker. Maybe not so early in my career but probably after working in an i-bank for 10-15 years, when I have loads of cash in my bank (and hopefully would also have found my Chandler by then).

Speaking of Chandler, Bamboo and Varun are the topic contenders. Who shall it be?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw one more amazing title in ToI

Sonrise inspires Samarjit!

Supposedly, Samarjit is a golfer who played well some day and his wife was giving birth the same day :))

-PPS

10:47 AM  
Blogger Parijat said...

"Sensex" is pretty misleading as a name if you ask me. From what I've heard from people who know more about it, I can say it has nothing to do with either sense or sex.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home